Parrot ANAFI USA Features
- 32x zoom
- 2 21Mp cameras (wide, telephoto)
- FLIR Boson® 320x256 IR camera
- 5-axes hybrid stabilization
- Compact: 228x101x76 mm
- Lightweight: 1.1 lbs (501 grams)
- 32 minutes flying time
- IP53: dust and water resistant
- Discreet: 79 dB at 1 m height
- Speed: 32.9 mph (14.7 m/s)
- Operating temperature range: -31°F ~ 109°F (-35° C ~ 43° C)
- Service ceiling: 19685 ft (6000 m)
- Video: 4K
- Deployed in less than a minute
- Hand landing
Powerful 32x Zoom Camera
The ANAFI USA features a powerful 32x zoom lens that has the ability to clearly observe people from up to 1.2 mi (2 km) away. This allows the pilot to get a closeup view on a situation at a safe distance. Other notable features include:
- 3-Axis Hybrid Stabilization
- Wide Angle and Telephoto Lens
- Dual Optical 4K Camera System
- Capable of clearly reading a license plate at 426.5 ft (130 m) away
Wide-Angle EO Camera
- 1/2.4'' Sensor
- F2.4 Aperture
- 21 MP Photos
- Angular Resolution: 0.016°/Pixel
- Zoom: 1x => 5x in 1080p
- MTF > 45% at 160 lp/mm
- RGB: 4K HDR (24 fps)
Telephoto EO Camera
- 1/2.4'' Sensor
- F2.4 Aperture
- 21 MP Photos
- Angular Resolution: 0.004°/Pixel
- Zoom: 5x => 32x in 1080 p
- MTF > 45% a 160 lp/mm
- RGB: 4K HDR (24 fps)
The ANAFI USA uses low dispersion aspheric lens architectures (110° and 26° diagonal fields of view, respectively for the wide and telephoto lenses). The optical units are composed of six lenses optimized to minimize the level of parasitic light while providing a high-resolution image across a vast temperature range (-43 °C to 45 °C).
Continuous 1-32x Zoom Capability
The focal leap between the wide camera (1x to 5x) and the telephoto camera (5x to 32x) is automatic, which guarantees a continuous zoom.
The conception of ANAFI USA’s optical unit enables the drone to achieve:
- 5x lossless zoom in 4K-UHD (3840x2160 px)
- 10x lossless zoom in Full HD (1920x1080 px)
- 15x lossless zoom in HD (1280x720 px)
- 27x zoom, ANAFI USA images still reach DVD quality (720x480 px).
Diagonal (DFOV) and Horizontal (HFOV)
The lens of the wide camera covers the full diagonal of the sensor with a 110° DFOV. It brings a 69° HFOV for the standard video mode, and a 75° HFOV for the standard photo mode. The lens of the tele camera covers the full diagonal of the sensor with a 26° DFOV. It brings a 16° HFOV for the standard video mode, and a 16° HFOV for the standard photo mode.
The optical unit is assembled with the sensor using an Active alignment technique. The optical block is positioned and held in place using a robotic arm, to achieve the following performance:
- The optical block is positioned above the sensor to ensure the desired focus at a set temperature (23 °C +/- 2 °C) and to guarantee resolution specifications in the scene
- In yaw, roll and pitch, the optical block is positioned respecting the optical axis to obtain a uniform resolution on the edge of images
- The sensor is aligned with the optical block axis to get the best performance at the center of the image
- The optical center is finally aligned with the sensor center (+/- 20 pixels or 22 micrometer)
Angular Resolution and Discernable Details
The angular resolution of a lens expresses the angular separation between two pixels of the associated sensor. With the angular resolution of 0.004° on its telephoto lens, ANAFI USA enables its users to discern 10 cm (about 4’’) details at a distance of 1,500 m (about 0.93 miles), or 1 cm (about 0.4’’) details at 150 m (about 164 yards).
Several optical tests are performed in the course of the production process:
- MTF checks on the image center
- MTF checks on the image borders
- Camera module checks while in production
- Center MTF
- MTF at 40 % of the field
- MTF at 70 % of the field
- Light blemishes (dark or light areas on the image, dust suspicions)
- Dead pixels (checking the total number)
- Optical center
- Uniformity of brightness and color in the field
- Cosmetic defects (stains, scratches, etc.)
The ANAFI USA features a thermal camera that can detect centimetric hot spots from an altitude of up to 131.2ft (40 m). Other notable features include:
- Quick Thermal Analysis Mode
- FLIR Boson 320x256 Thermal Resolution
- Multiple Palettes (2 color, 2 black & white)
- Relative and Spot (Cold/Hot) Thermography Modes
IR Camera Performances
Spectrum: Longwave Infrared: 8 to 14 Micrometers
Resolution: 320x256 Pixels
Pixel Pitch: 12 Micrometers
Sensitivity: 0.05 °C
Focal Length: 4.3 mm
Frequency: 20 Hz
Measurable Temperature Range: -40°F~356°F (-40°C~180°C)
Correction of Discrepancies: Mechanical Shutter
ANAFI USA’s thermographic camera presents two complementary coloring modes, which enables the drone to adapt to every mission.
FLIR Boson Performances
The ANAFI USA carries a 60 Hz FLIR Boson micro-bolometer. This module is equipped with a mechanical shutter which enables automatic recalibration of the sensor as often as possible, for a complete consistence of each thermal pixel’s response. The lens of the FLIR Boson has a 50° HFOV.
Only coldest or hottest spots of the image are colorized, depending on the user’s needs.
The relative mode displays a general view of the thermographic of a scene, on a colored scale, graduated from 0 (dark blue) to 100 (bright yellow).
The ANAFI USA produces the following media formats:
Photo Format: JPEG
Photo Resolution: 1280x720 px
Photo Modes: Single / Timelapse / GPS-lapse
Video Format: MP4 (H.264)
Video Resolution: 1280x720 px, 9 fps
- White hot
- Black hot
Thermal Imaging Analyzer Mode
The Thermal analyzer feature of FreeFlight 6 provides you with a great tool to achieve quick thermal analysis, directly from your device. This function gives you full control over the on-screen rendering of any thermography video or photo you have taken with ANAFI USA. From the analyzer, you can:
- Access Thermal Preferences directly from the preview’s Preferences icon, top right
- Navigate inside your thermography videos
- Save as many screenshots as you want
- Modify the thermography modes (Relative, hot and cold spots) and their associated thresholds at any point of any video or on any photo
- Modify the blending between Visible and Thermal spectrums
To compensate the lower resolution of the thermographic image, by comparison with the visible image, and to add information that are not available through the thermal spectrum, ANAFI USA displays a fusion of the information of the two cameras. The data of the visible image is injected in the outcome footage, by luminance and to highlight the scene’s contours. The fusion of images consists in:
- Acquisition of visible image
- Extraction of visible images contours
- Reprojection of thermographic data
- Colorization of thermographic image
- Acquisition of thermographic data
Flight Ready on Demand
The Parrot ANAFI USA features zero no fly zone limitations, allowing you to get airborne without jumping through hoops. Other notable features include:
- Certified IP53 Rating (Protected from limited dust ingress. Protected from water spray less than 60 degrees from vertical.)
- Zero Flight Restrictions
- Cutting Edge Aerodynamics
- Compact, Foldable and Light (228x101x76 mm Folded)
- Hand Launchable/Hand Recoverable
- Flight-Ready in 55-Seconds
- Lightweight: 501g
- Operating Temperature: -31°F~109°F (-35°C~43°C)
The mechanical structure of ANAFI USA is mainly made of polyamide, reinforced with carbon fiber and streamlined using hollow glass beads. The ANAFI USA motors are protected from dust, sand and rain by lateral vent-equipped covers, that enable the dispelling of heat. ANAFI USA’s vertical camera and ultrasonar are protected from the rain by a collar which shelters both sensors.
Compact and lightweight, the ANAFI USA weighs 501 g for a 1.7-liter volume. ANAFI USA can be transported in a backpack or a case. ANAFI USA is the most compact drone of its category on the enterprise and military segments. ANAFI USA unfolds in 3 seconds. Its propeller blades system reduces its clutter, contrary to fixed pitch propellers. Propeller replacement requires no tool - they just screw in the direction opposite to that of the rotation of motors, without risk of losing small mobile parts.
ANAFI USA has passed the following tests:
- 92 flight continuous flight hours at ambient temperature, without mechanical wear
- ANAFI USA is functional after 18 falls (3 on each side) on concrete, from 1 meter high
- IPX3 (CEI 60529 norm): Rain resistant in IPX3 (10 liters/min) for the time of one battery charge (32 minutes) at least
- Low temperatures: -36 °C for 16 h (NF EN 60068-2-1)
- IP5X: Dust resistant for at least 32 minutes (CEI 60529)
- Damp heat (+40 °C and 93 % hygrometry) for 16 h (NF EN 60068-2-78)
- Dry heat (+50 °C) for 16h (NF EN 60068-2-2)
- Thermal shock: 20 1-hour cycles at -36 °C and +43 °C (NF EN 60068-2-14)
- Extreme temperatures: -20 °C and +70 °C for 4 h (NF EN 60068-2-1 & NF EN 60068-2-2)
Aerodynamic Propulsion System
The blades of ANAFI USA’s propellers have been conceived by biomimicry: they are inspired by the knobs of the anterior edge of the pectoral fins of humpback whales. Each propeller, consisting in two blades, is simply screwed on. From a flight perspective, ANAFI USA outperforms drones which are 1.5 times heavier and twice as cumbersome.
Advantages of "Humpback Whale Blades"
The conception of the "Humpback whale blade" minimizes the transitory separation of the boundary-layer for each blade, to recover thrust at constant motor rotation speed (rpm) – or alternatively to keep thrust while lowering the motor speed;
and minimize the sensitivity of the raising of mechanical power when blades twist. Therefore, with a lower rotation speed for a higher engine torque, ANAFI USA emulates a rotor whose power is higher than the theoretical capacity of its diameter.
Additionally, the tonal sound power of the anterior edge of the blade, is minimized, lowering the noise of the flight. ANAFI USA motors are powerful (46 W) with a 70 % yield (mechanical power divided by electrical power) when hovering; they have been conceived to optimize the blades’ characteristics on the whole flight range. ANAFI USA has the best weight/flight time ratio of the industry: its 32 minutes flight time, its low weight (501 g) and the high yield of its conversion chain enable the drone to fly fast (54 km/h) and far (theoretical outreach: 17,4 km at 40,6 km/h).
- Wind resistance: 33.5 mph (54 km/h)
- Sound power: 79 dB
Parrot Skycontroller USA
The Parrot Skycontroller USA features the following specifications and capabilities:
- IP53: dust and rain resistant
- Operating frequencies: 2.4 - 5.8 GHz
- Max. transmission distance: 4 km / 2.48 mi
- Size: 12.3 x 8.2 x 2.8 in / 313 x 208 x 72 mm
- Weight: 2.76 lbs. / 1.25 kg
- Size with optional Microhard: 12 x 10.2 x 6.8 in / 313 x 208 x 173 mm
- Transmission system: Wi-Fi 802.11a/b/g/n (Wi-Fi beacon)
- Resolution of live video feed: HD 720p
- Charges 2h for 4h30 use
- Based on the Samsung Galaxy Tab A (2019) tablet
RTSP Video Stream Sharing
The screen of the Skycontroller USA can be easily shared, via RTSP protocol, to a VLC-equipped PC, with an RJ45 (Ethernet) cable.
Speed: 32.8 mph (14.7 m/s)
Wind Resistance: 32.8 mph (14.7 m/s)
Flight Time: 32 min
Max Climb Rate: 8.94 mph (4 m/s)
Max Rate of Descent: 8.94 mph (4 m/s)
Service Ceiling: 19,685 ft (6000 m) (MSL)
Theoretical Outreach: 10.81 mi (17.4 km)
Max Angular Speed: 300 °/s
Fly by Coordinates
The ANAFI USA features a fly-by-coordinates function which allows you to instantly display, reuse and share any coordinates in the surroundings of your drone – or indeed the GPS position of your drone itself. This is especially useful to precisely locate any point of interest or person ANAFI USA has detected.
- Parrot is ISO9001 certified.
- Every drone is controlled on a production bench (FVT).
- Bench #2: IMU thermal calibration plus barometer and magnetometer test.
- Bench #3: IMU & magnetometer dynamic calibration.
- Bench #4: motor disturbance measure on the magnetometer.
- Bench #5: ultrasound test.
- Flight test: every drone performs a flight test at the end of the production process: take-off, hovering, landing.
Numerous durability tests are performed during our development cycles. These take the form of a quest for the optimal drone size.
Cybersecurity - Made in USA
The Parrot ANAFI USA is a drone you can trust. It comes equipped with the following certifications and capabilities:
- Made in USA/NDAA Compliant
- Zero Data Shared by Default
- SD-Card AES-XTS Encryption with 512 Bits Key
- Blue sUAS Trusted Platform
ANAFI USA’s software is digitally signed, which ensures that each update comes from Parrot and has not been modified. The access to ANAFI USA’s operating system is protected. The drone has no local nor remote access to its embedded system.
ANAFI USA protects the data stored on the drone or sent through the networks and protects the drone against malicious software modification attempts.
Network Connection Security
The network links between the drone and its controller are authenticated and cyphered with a WPA2 protection (802.11i standard). WPA2 is based on an AES CCMP encryption, including a 128 bits encryption key. AES CCMP includes a CBC-MAC mechanism which ensures the authentication and the integrity of the network’s links. A unique encryption key is generated for each drone/controller couple. In addition, users can define their own key. 802.11 protected management frames is activated to prevent disassociation attacks, which could cause denial of service.
SD Card Encryption
Full disk encryption of the SD card protects the confidentiality of data stored on the drone, even if it is captured by an adverse party. Once the encryption is activated, the videos and photos are stored in a LUKS2 volume encrypted with AES-XTS and a 512 bits key. The use of a unique identifier for each container enables the management of a fleet of SD cards which can be used on several drones. Once the SD card is encrypted, it can never be accessed without the encryption key. The passphrase is carried by FreeFlight 6 and is never stored permanently on the drone, which protects from forensics analysis.
By default, ANAFI USA, the controller and FreeFlight 6 don’t share data to Parrot or any third party. Users can decide whether or not to activate the sharing of their flight logs to store it online, facilitate the support of his drones and help Parrot product and services improvement. To share his data anonymously or to link them to his Parrot account, the user must activate the sharing of his data, that is deactivated by default.